…and I have a few questions.
What happens on a typical Sunday?
Families with infants and children (up to Grade 6) check-in by the library in the foyer. This ensures we have all the information we need to care for the children and to communicate with a parent if the need should arise. Infants may head off to the Nursery after check-in, children aged 2 to Grade 6 remain with their parents for the first part of our Sunday service and then are dismissed to Paramount KiDS.
Our service begins with the Worship Team leading us through some contemporary praise songs (although we mix in a few hymns as well), there are also prayers, offerings, community updates and we conclude with a Bible-based, interactive sermon. We plan to be done by 11:45 am.
How can I get involved?
What is your vision?
Our church is Christ-centred, Spirit-led and mission-focused. We are a community that welcomes all and is for all. We are a family growing in our knowledge and experience of what it means to be part of God’s Family.
- Looking Up – We want to grow in our experience of God’s presence and power.
- Leaning In – We want to grow in building a supportive community by loving others as Jesus loves us.
- Reaching Out – We want to grow in reaching out with Jesus’ love and invite others into his community the church.
- Thinking Deep – We want to grow in our understanding of God’s truth so that we can live full and faithful lives.
What are your beliefs and values?
The following values are the tracks we run on:
- Biblical Teaching – We are committed to relevant Biblical teaching that intersects twenty-first-century life.
- Compassion – We are committed to showing mercy and love to the hurting and poor in our own community and in the nations of the world.
- Discipleship – We will intentionally walk with each other becoming more like Jesus.
- Evangelism – We are committed to introducing people to personal faith in Jesus, both locally and globally, even at personal cost.
- Love for Others – We will love our neighbour as ourselves helping and caring for those whom God places within our sphere of influence.
- Prayer – The life and ministries of this church will be characterized by continual prayer.
- Service – We willingly surrender our lives and resources to the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
- Spirit-Filled We depend on God’s Holy Spirit to be present in our times together and to empower us in everything we do, as individuals and as a congregation.
- Worship – We are committed to offering our love, reverence and devotion to God.
Who leads the church?
Our church is served by a pastoral staff of three led by the Lead Pastor. The staff, ministries and finances are overseen by a Board of Elders that is elected by the congregation. The staff and Elders are supported and resourced by the Central Canadian District Office of our denominational family.