…and I have a few questions.
What happens on a typical Sunday?
Families with infants and children (up to Grade 6) check-in just by the library in the foyer. This ensures we have all the information we need to care for the children and to communicate with a parent if the need should arise. Infants and toddlers may head off to their programs after check-in, school-age children remain with their parents for the first part of our Sunday service and then are dismissed to Paramount KiDS.
Our service begins with the Worship Team leading us through some contemporary praise songs (although we mix in a few hymns as well), there are also prayers, offerings, community updates and we conclude with a Bible-based, interactive sermon. We plan to be done by 11:45 am.
How can I get involved?
What is your vision?
We want to care for each other across all generations, encourage each one in their faith journey and winsomely invite others to become part of God’s family.
When we gather in Jesus’ name we desire to look up and encounter God afresh, to lean in and strengthen our fellowship, reach out and invite others in and think deeply and grow in our faith.
What are your beliefs and values?
We are a Christ-centred, mission-focused and Spirit-empowered local church that affirms the historical tenets of the Christian faith. We are affiliated with the Christian and Missionary Alliance in Canada.
The following values are the tracks we run on:
- Biblical Teaching – We are committed to relevant Biblical teaching that intersects twenty-first-century life.
- Compassion – We are committed to showing mercy and love to the hurting and poor in our own community and in the nations of the world.
- Discipleship – We will intentionally walk with each other becoming more like Jesus.
- Evangelism – We are committed to introducing people to personal faith in Jesus, both locally and globally, even at personal cost.
- Love for Others – We will love our neighbour as ourselves helping and caring for those whom God places within our sphere of influence.
- Prayer – The life and ministries of this church will be characterized by continual prayer.
- Service – We willingly surrender our lives and resources to the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
- Spirit-Filled We depend on God’s Holy Spirit to be present in our times together and to empower us in everything we do, as individuals and as a congregation.
- Worship – We are committed to offering our love, reverence and devotion to God.
Who leads the church?
Our church is served by a pastoral staff of four led by the Lead Pastor. The staff, ministries and finances are overseen by a Board of Elders that is elected by the congregation. The staff and Elders are supported and resourced by the Central Canadian District Office of our denominational family.